A breakup, let alone a divorce can shock you to your core. Suddenly, everything that felt comfortable and certain is in tatters and your world is left feeling upside down and out of control.
Now is a great time to reassess your life and take back control of who you are. The best place to start is your home, after all your home is where you spend the majority of your ‘me’ time and you want that to be as relaxing and free from pain and worry as possible.
Changing your environment and creating a positive living space can have a huge impact on your life.
If you really want to get away you could consider moving. A new home or a new town could give you the distance that you need to make a completely fresh start. You’ll have a blank canvas to work with and can make everything your own.
Sometimes, a high impact change, like moving home, might not be possible for you and your family and so I’ve put together some quick tips to help you re-fresh your home:
1. Start in the bedroom – this is your place of peace and comfort. Remove all of those photos of you and your ex, get new bedsheets (you could even get a new bed) and rearrange the furniture. Consider adding something nice for yourself like a new dressing table, a foot spa or a reading chair.
2. Re-decorate – Is there a room that you’ve always wanted to re-decorate but your ex didn’t agree? Now is the perfect time to freshen things up, the way you always wanted to. Pastel colours are great for providing a relaxing and calming air, so bear that in mind when selecting your new colour palette.
3. Go shopping – Retail therapy isn’t just a saying, it’s a proven method of treatment and who says it only applies to clothes? A happy house is a happy home. Treat your home to new furnishings, new upholstery or art and soak up the positive atmosphere.
4. Re-arrange the furniture – Ever heard of Feng Shui? Moving things around can make all the difference to the energy of a room. Give it a try in each room of your home and aim for positive, healing energy. Remember not to block windows, doors or other entrances.
5. Throw it out – Gifts? Furniture? Photos? Are there an abundance of items in your home that remind you too much of your ex? Now is the time to get rid of these items, chuck them out, give them away, heck you could even sell them and use the money for the changes to your home.
Whatever your approach, think of this as a fresh start. Think positive and make a home that you are happy with.
Take the process in your stride, it is all part of your Believe and Live Again recovery, bounce back and transition journey from being a “we” to becoming a “me”.
If you would like to have an informal chat about it, don't hesitate to get in touch on: +44 208 938 3672 and myself or a member of my team will gladly schedule a Complimentary Believe and Live Again Coaching Discovery session or a no-obligation 30 minute "Forgive and Let Go" consultation and together, we could be embarking upon the Believe and Live Again 5 R's journey to heal your heart, outgrow your challenges and let go of the past so that your glorious future can finally emerge.
Once again, I invite you to contact me or schedule a time to talk, call: +44 (0) 208 938 3672 (24 hours) or click on the pink "Contact" at the bottom right hand side of this page and this will take you into my "Let's Talk" contact form. Kindly complete the form and you will get a call back.
Good luck and God Bless