Summer is finally here! Besides the scattering of rain showers (we are still in England after all) the sun is definitely shining more and more and its effect can be seen everywhere.
You might have already noticed flowers starting to bloom, baby animals being born, leaves on the trees and a pleasant fragrance in the air…the return of the heat and sun in summer brings a new lease of life to the world and it can do the same for you if you learn to embrace it.
I’ve put together my top tips and ideas to help you make the most of this summer by yourself or with friends and family.
As we see in nature, summer is the time for re-birth, growth, evolution and personal development; I’m here to help make sure that you dedicate this summer to yourself and to being happy!
This summer I want you to put yourself outside of your comfort zone. Be prepared to do new things by yourself, to re-discover who you are or bring along a few close friends for a laugh and to strengthen your relationships.
- Travel – Travelling alone allows you to forge a new place for yourself in the world whilst experiencing new cultures, foods and customs. It’s the perfect opportunity for self-growth and holds great potential for new friendships that you’ll make along the way. Follow this link for tips to help you re-discover the world after your divorce.
- Have Dinner at a Fancy Restaurant – or any restaurant that you enjoy. Most people will call a friend when they feel like going out to eat, even if they don’t particularly want to go with someone. Just remember that you have full permission to eat alone and in fact, I’d recommend it! Dress up, order your favourite meal, have a drink and relax in the atmosphere surrounding you. You could always eat at the bar and strike up a conversation with your bar tender.
- Go to the Movies – Is there a new film that you’d really like to see but you don’t think anyone else would like it? Go and see it! Grab a drink, some snacks and feel free to laugh or cry as loud as you like; it’s good for your soul.
- Practice Cooking…or Baking – Being in the kitchen can be very relaxing, whether you’re dicing tomatoes, combining a mixture or settling back with a glass of wine while your creation is in the oven. Pick a recipe you’ve been dying to try and cook it yourself a feast or throw a party with family and friends. If it doesn’t turn out great, who cares? You’ve tried something new and you can always try again.
- Keep it Green – Nature is a healer and exposure to nature can help you to feel well, improve your immune system, better your mental/emotional health and help you to build a more active lifestyle. Spend time as often as you can in places that are green. Start in your garden, even a balcony can be transformed into a fantastic green space with a little creativity, plant flowers that make you smile, add lights and flowing water for tranquillity and peace. Take a hike or a bike ride through a park or nature reserve or head to the beach for a day of sun, sand and relaxation.
- Book a Spa Day – Inside a steam room or during a full body massage your mind is left to wander, to relax and to explore your inner self. Embrace it!
- Grab an Ice Cream – Who needs a reason for an ice cream on a hot summer day?
- Go Shopping – Warmer weather means that a new wardrobe is in order. Treat yourself to some fabulous new clothes and throw in a mani-pedi while you’re at it.
- Discover a New Book – Head to your local bookshop or library and pick a new book that you’ve not read before. Choose a different genre or author than you’d usually read, you might be surprised and find a new type of book that you love.
- Sleep Beneath the Stars – Even if it means camping in your own backyard, light a fire, roast marshmallows, make hot chocolate and settle down beneath the twinkling canopy as you drift to sleep.
So, what are you waiting for? Soak up the rays of the summer sun, spend time with nature, travel, read, swim, explore, try new things, meet new people and re-discover who you are and what the world has to offer you this summer!
Whatever you do, take the process in your stride, it is all part of your Believe and Live Again recovery, bounce back and transition journey from being a “we” to becoming a “me”.
If you would like to have an informal chat about it, don't hesitate to get in touch on: +44 208 938 3672 and myself or a member of my team will gladly schedule a Complimentary Believe and Live Again Coaching Discovery session or a no-obligation 30 minute "Forgive and Let Go" consultation and together, we could be embarking upon the Believe and Live Again 5 R's journey to heal your heart, outgrow your challenges and let go of the past so that your glorious future can finally emerge.
Once again, I invite you to contact me or schedule a time to talk, call: +44 (0) 208 938 3672 (24 hours) or click on the pink "Contact" at the bottom right hand side of this page and this will take you into my "Let's Talk" contact form. Kindly complete the form and you will get a call back.
In the meantime, until next time, Keep Smiling, Keep Strong and Keep Believing.
Best Wishes and God's Blessings