Do you have a mission for your life? Crafting a mission statement will allow you to live more purposefully. The creation of a mission statement requires that you define your strengths, interests, and values. Once these are known and documented, life becomes much easier and more fulfilling.
You simply have to ask yourself, "Am I living in accordance to my mission statement?
Your goals will become more obvious and you'll feel more certain and clear regarding your decisions.
Use these ideas to develop a mission statement and take control of your life:
1. Who are your heroes? Think about those you respect and admire. Consider people you know personally, people you know of, and people from history. What do they have in common? What traits or experiences do these people have that you'd like to see in yourself?
* Your true-self is closely aligned with those you hold in high regard.
2. Define the person you want to be. Life isn't only about accomplishments and accumulating a list of impressive possessions. Life is also about the person you become and your contributions. Consider all the roles you might fill over your lifetime and define your ideal person for each of these roles:
3. Imagine you're 80-years old and only have a month left to live. Look back on your life. What would you like to look back on? What do you want to be able to remember? Making a million dollars? Climbing Mount Everest? Starting a charity? Having happy, successful children?
* Start with the end in mind. Then you can create a path to reach that destination.
4. List your strengths, talents, and loves. What are you good at? Make a list of your natural talents and those areas where you've developed the most skill. Include the things you love to do, whether you're good at them or not.
* If your mission statement can include or leverage your skills and talents, you'll be able to accomplish more.
* By including the things that you love to do, you'll have a lot more fun!
5. Create a list of purposes. Define the overall theme of your life and list the things that you want to accomplish in your life. Create a mission statement that incorporates all of these things into a central idea. It might require a couple of paragraphs to capture. These could be thought of as vague goals, such as:
* Alleviate the suffering of others.
* Fearlessly try new things and visit new places.
* Make a living in the field of music.
* Be a supportive and loving parent.
* Be grateful for all the experiences that enter my life.
* Be a committed life-long learner.
6. Set concrete goals that support your purposes. Set goals that will ensure that living your purpose is guaranteed. For example, what are some goals that might turn you into a supportive and loving parent?
* Resolve issues from my own childhood.
* Read and apply a book on being more patient.
* Get involved at my child's school by volunteering.
* Read to my child each night.
* Tell my child, "I love you." at least twice each day.
If you're feeling confused, or your life lacks purpose, developing a mission statement is the answer. A mission statement creates focus and boundaries for your life. There's much less confusion when you're clear about your purpose and goals. Get your life on track with a thoughtful mission statement and live your life on purpose.
Whatever you do, take the process in your stride, it is all part of your Believe and Live Again recovery, bounce back and transition journey from being a “we” to becoming a “me”.
If you would like to have an informal chat about it, don't hesitate to get in touch on: +44 208 938 3672 and myself or a member of my team will gladly schedule a Complimentary Believe and Live Again Coaching Discovery session or a no-obligation 30 minute "Forgive and Let Go" consultation and together, we could be embarking upon the Believe and Live Again 5 R's journey to heal your heart, outgrow your challenges and let go of the past so that your glorious future can finally emerge.
Once again, I invite you to contact me or schedule a time to talk, call: +44 (0) 208 938 3672 (24 hours) or click on the pink "Contact" at the bottom right hand side of this page and this will take you into my "Let's Talk" contact form. Kindly complete the form and you will get a call back.
In the meantime, until next time, Keep Smiling, Keep Strong and Keep Believing.
Best Wishes and God's Blessings
Zina Arinze helps female professionals, business women, entrepreneurs and women of faith, swiftly recover from the grief, trauma and stigma of divorce, separation or relationship breakdown by giving them clarity for their radiant future so that they are able to transition their mindsets from “we” to “me”, reconnect to their positive of self, regain their feminine power and walk in the healing restorative power of God. A lawyer by training and armed with an MBA, Zina has over 15 years in IT Project Management Consultancy, Training and Capacity Building for both the Public and Private Sectors, she very passionate about building lasting relationships and encouraging the discovery, development and deployment of hidden talents.