The journey of finding your inner peace after divorce or relationship breakdown is a long process for most people. Its an everyday struggle and having a clear understanding of your strengths, weaknesses and beliefs is a major step to a clear path to your healing after an emotional trauma.
When you learn how to become aware of your own personality or character, of what makes you tick, then its easier to also understand how others perceive you and to accept your own responsibility in the breakdown of your relationship.
How to Develop Self-Awareness
1.Write your own Believe And Live Again manifesto. Think about and then document your views on life, your goals, and your intentions. You might be surprised by what you write. This is a great first step for understanding yourself and your beliefs.
2.Make a list of your strengths and weaknesses. How do you know? Are you certain? Avoid jumping to conclusions. You may have always believed that you're a hard worker, but are you? To whom are you comparing yourself? Provide yourself with proof before you make any decisions.
3.What would others say about you? Consider how your children, friends, family, co-workers, members of staff and boss would describe you. What would they suggest you improve about yourself? Then ask them and see how accurate you are. Do you know how others perceive you? Find out how perceptive you are.
4.Meditate. Personally what works for me is meditating on the word of God and pray daily. But there is a place where prayer and meditation meets: in silence. It is all about developing a better awareness of the present moment and yourself. Meditation is an ideal activity for enhancing self-awareness.
* Meditate or pray at least once each day. Spend the rest of the day paying attention to yourself, others, and your surroundings. You can develop a higher degree of self-awareness by just paying attention.
* I like the Holy Spirit to lead me while I question myself throughout the day. "What am I attempting to achieve?" "What emotions am I currently feeling and why?" "What are the people around me feeling?"
Your level of self-awareness can influence your happiness and make it easier for you to forgive and move on:
1.Take control of your life. Self-awareness is the principle way of understanding your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and reactions..
* It highlights faulty beliefs and emotional reactions that stand in your way and gives you the power to make adjustments. Think about the specific event in your life or person that made you believe that you are incapable of doing something that was important for you. Write down in your journal how you felt then and how you feel now and what action you are going to take to move forward? Monitor that action for the next month. Send me your feedback. I can be your accountability partner and support you in every step. And the first 5 people that get back to me will receive complimentary Reinvent You: Self Awareness Strategy Session!
2.It can illuminate the real reasons for past failures. We often dismiss our failures as bad luck or a lack of proper timing. It's much more likely that you failed to perceive the situation, others, and yourself accurately. It's much easier to see the reason behind relationship, work, and other struggles when you can look at yourself clearly.
* Do you consistently struggle at work or in your relationships? It's only logical to conclude that you're doing something ineffectively.
* Those who lack self-awareness are puzzled by their negative outcomes or blame others exclusively.
3.Self-awareness is a critical quality for professional women, female entrepreneurs and women of faith who are leaders in their chosen field. One study concluded that a high degree of self-awareness was the best predictor of success for leaders.
* Leaders that have an understanding of their own weaknesses are able to build a team composed of members that fill those weaknesses. A lack of self-awareness puts a limit on your leadership abilities.
The fabric of a successful leader is self awareness and relentless drive for self improvement. Without it, the knowledge you possess can't be applied effectively and any personal development efforts will be severely hampered. Build the foundation for personal progress. It won't happen overnight, but it can be developed. Give it some time and thought.
Whatever you do, take the process in your stride, it is all part of your Believe and Live Again recovery, bounce back and transition journey from being a “we” to becoming a “me”.
If you would like to have an informal chat about it, don't hesitate to get in touch on: +44 208 938 3672 and myself or a member of my team will gladly schedule a Complimentary Believe and Live Again Coaching Discovery session or a no-obligation 30 minute "Forgive and Let Go" consultation and together, we could be embarking upon the Believe and Live Again 5 R's journey to heal your heart, outgrow your challenges and let go of the past so that your glorious future can finally emerge.
Once again, I invite you to contact me or schedule a time to talk, call: +44 (0) 208 938 3672 (24 hours) or click on the pink "Contact" at the bottom right hand side of this page and this will take you into my "Let's Talk" contact form. Kindly complete the form and you will get a call back.
In the meantime, until next time, Keep Smiling, Keep Strong and Keep Believing.
Best Wishes and God's Blessings
Zina Arinze helps female professionals, business women, entrepreneurs and women of faith, swiftly recover from the grief, trauma and stigma of divorce, separation or relationship breakdown by giving them clarity for their radiant future so that they are able to transition their mindsets from “we” to “me”, reconnect to their positive of self, regain their feminine power and walk in the healing restorative power of God. A lawyer by training and armed with an MBA, Zina has over 15 years in IT Project Management Consultancy, Training and Capacity Building for both the Public and Private Sectors, she very passionate about building lasting relationships and encouraging the discovery, development and deployment of hidden talents.