Starting a new career after a divorce can seem intimidating or just like one more change, but it may be just the change you were needing.
You may not have been fortunate enough or even opportuned to choose the right career from the beginning. You finished school, perhaps you went straight into work or perhaps, you went to University, graduated, then stumbled into your first role, while still finding your feet, you got married and being a proper adult began with real responsibilities not just for your life but for those of your spouse and perhaps children too.
You are now divorced and find yourself wondering if there is still time. Yes, there is still time, but it is important to make an effective plan for the change. It is necessary to be thoughtful, you might be hurting, you might be bruised, you might even be confused and I get that but as the saying goes “we must be that change we want to happen”, yes, in a nutshell, it is incumbent on each of us especially after divorce to be a person of action.
- MAKE A LIST OF YOUR STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
- Unless you have a lot of money in the bank or have received a huge settlement from you ex spouse, it is important that your career change be successful. Now isn’t the time in your life to experiment on something with little chance of success. You are going to need deliberate, intentional, focused and precise planning. Make a complete list of what you are good at and what you are an expert at.
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY?
- The path to success consists of combining what you enjoy with your skills, talents, and expertise.
- WHAT DO YOU NEED TO LEARN?
- Any new career will require new knowledge. Where can you get the training you need? Do you need to go back to school? Take an online course? Take a part-time job in the field? Put in time as an intern? Do you need to perhaps become a volunteer in the industry and filed you want to go into?
- WHOM DO YOU KNOW THAT CAN HELP?
- You may have a friend, family member, or former employer willing to give you a chance in the career you desire. Assuming you are at least 40, presumably, you may have gotten to know a lot of people over the years in your working career. This is one of the advantages you have over the 20-something crowd. Leverage your resources.
- CONSIDER BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR
- This may be the only field that actually doesn’t care at all about your age. In the past, entrepreneurship required a brick and mortar store or office. That’s no longer the case. It’s easy to set up a business online at a minimal cost. Entrepreneurship is blind to your age
- ENSURE THAT YOUR FINANCIAL HOUSE IS IN ORDER
- It can take a while to get back to your original income. Do you need to downsize your lifestyle? Do you have sufficient savings to make the leap to a new career?
You can change careers after divorce and definitely after 40, 50, 60 after any age. However, you must be a risk taker because the level of risk does increase with age but as long as you are prepared to handle those risks, go for it, take flight and soar because there is still time to go into and enjoy a Believe and Live Again career that you want to do and that you love!
Whatever you do, take the process in your stride, it is all part of your Believe and Live Again recovery, bounce back and transition journey from being a “we” to becoming a “me”.
If you would like to have an informal chat about it, don't hesitate to get in touch on: +44 208 938 3672 and myself or a member of my team will gladly schedule a Complimentary Believe and Live Again Discovery session or a 30 minute "Forgive and Let Go" consultation and together, we could be embarking upon the Believe and Live Again 5 R's journey to heal your heart, outgrow your challenges and let go of the past so that your glorious future can finally emerge.
Once again, I invite you to contact me or schedule a time to talk, call: +44 (0) 208 938 3672 (24 hours) or click on the pink "Contact" at the bottom right-hand side of this page and this will take you into my "Let's Talk" contact form. Kindly complete the form and you will get a callback.
In the meantime, Keep Smiling, Keep Strong and Keep Believing (that you can).
Best Wishes and God's Blessings
Inspirational Woman of the Year Award 2017
Best Selling Author – Reinvent YOU! How to Move from “We to Me” After Divorce
Multi Award Winning Serial Entrepreneur
Divorce Reinvention, Abuse and Breakup Recovery Coach
World’s Number 1 Mum
Zina Arinze, the proud mother of two wonderful gifts - her daughters, is a bubbly woman of faith fondly known as the Divorce Reinvention Queen, International Speaker, Best Selling Author, Radio Broadcaster, Talk Show host, Multi-award winning Business Start-up expert, Serial Entrepreneur and founder of Believe and Live Again: a Post-Divorce Lifestyle Coaching, Abuse Recovery and Reinvention Mentoring service helping female professionals, businesswomen, entrepreneurs and women of faith around the globe, swiftly recover from the grief, trauma and stigma of divorce, separation, domestic abuse or relationship breakdown by giving them clarity for their radiant future so that they are able to smoothly transition their mindsets from “we” to “me”, reconnect to their positive of self, regain their feminine power and walk in the healing restorative power of God. A lawyer by training and armed with an MBA and membership of several professional and entrepreneurial boards, Zina has over 15 years in IT Project Management Consultancy, Training and Capacity Building experience from the Public, Private and Not for Profit sectors. Zina is also very passionate about Gender Empowerment, building lasting relationships and encouraging the discovery, development, and deployment of hidden talents.